If you first started out using wordpress.org to host your files and now would like to branch off to self-hosted follow the directions below.
note: you’ll need a new/fresh of copy WordPress installed where you want to host the site (eg: ogderek’s website hosting).
First lets Export the files from wordpress.org:
- Log in to your WordPress.com dashboard.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Tools > Export.
- Download the XML (WXR) file to your local computer.
Now let’s import them:
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard on your new self-hosted server.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Tools > Import > WordPress.
- In the browse box, navigate to the export file that was downloaded to your local computer in Step 2.
- Click the Upload & Import File button.