Create an FTP Account
- Log into cPanel
- In the Files section, click FTP Accounts.
- In the Login field, type the name of the FTP user.
- In the Password fields, enter a password that will be used to authenticate this FTP account.
- Set a quota for the FTP account. Quota is the maximum amount of bandwidth the FTP user may use.
- In the Directory field, cPanel will auto-populate an assumed directory based on the FTP username, but that is normally incorrect. So, we recommend erasing everything after public_html/ and providing the directory you would like the user to access.
- Click create.